When I was a kid, I repeated sketches of ancient works of Middle Eastern cultur and from the ancient people, I learned the universal aesthetics and philosophy of “the passage of time” that cannot be created by human hands. It’s a universal beauty.
Paper-cutting was inspired by cutting a corner of a school textbook when I was in junior high school.
Paper cutting has interesting history, that it was craftsmanship of KIMONO dyeing pattern.
So I‘m working on a world view that fuses Japanese and Oriental.
Recently, based on such a unique view of the world, he has been working on works finished with lacquer, gold leaf, etc. and disseminating them to the world.
Living in Japan, loving NY, Paris and TOKYO!Biography
- Graduate at TOYO EIWA Girls school
- Graduate at American School in Pennsylvania
- 2005「KIRIE KOBO (how to make paper cut)」Published
- 2019 Porte de Versailles 「Who’s next」Fashion Exhibition
- 2020 Paris NORD Villepinte 「MAISON&OBJET」Exhibition
- 2021 Japanese Shopping TV 「SHOP CHANNEL 」Appearance
- 2021 Fashion magazine 「Marisol」Got interviewed, Published by SHUEISHA
- 2015-2021 POP UP at TAKASHIMAYA, SEIBU, ISETAN etc..
- New York Art Directors Club Selected
- minne × human academy Crystal Decoration Grand Prize Category Award
- Selected for “Nichizu Exhibition” sponsored by Japan Design Association
- Selected for the “Kyoto Design Award” sponsored by the Kyoto Design
- Awarded OMOTENASHI selection
TanTan’s creations available at